Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Authority (ZPPDA) is an autonomous body established under section 4 of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act No. 11 of 2016. The Authority is vested with oversight powers and responsibilities to regulate all public procurement and disposal activities carried out by all public bodies in Zanzibar.
The objectives of Authority is to ensure the application of fair, competitive, transparent, non-discriminatory, value for money procurement standards and practices, harmonize the procurement and disposal systems in Zanzibar between the local and central governments, set standards for the public procurement and disposal systems in Zanzibar, monitor compliance of procuring and disposal entities and build procurement capacity in the country.
A center of excellent Public Procurement innovation in East Africa offering best value for money.
To enhance social economic development and efficient in Public Procurement system through accountability and integrity in order to providing a best value for money.
Promote integrity, fairness, accountability, and public confidence through monitoring and auditing public procurement process in order to attain best value money.
- Integrity: To be honest and faithful to our organization and to the services.
- Customer focus: To be attentive to the needs of customer’s satisfaction.
- Sense of urgency: To give priority to urgent matters.
- Creativity: To be creative in mind for new ideas and innovation.
- Cooperation: To be cooperate with internal and external customers.
- Flexibility: To be able to adapt to varying situation.
- Excellence: To provide a zero defect services/product.